Wednesday, October 19th– Friday, October 21, 2016
$1,575.00 two night package double occupancy*
What to expect (to quote Westways author Sarah Tenaglia):
“Master the art of Santa Maria style barbeque at the Alisal Guest Ranch, a picturesque resort in the hills of Solvang. Executive Chef Pascal Godé teams up with Hitching Post II owner Frank Ostini for an entertaining and educational midweek getaway.
Wednesday evening begins with a discussion of crank-style grills and an instructive demo on how to build an open-flame red-oak fire. Afterward, the group is treated to an assortment of oak-grilled appetizers, followed by a sit-down feast of prime rib steaks, tri-tip, chicken, and vegetables. Complimentary wine and beer are served.
On Thursday afternoon, guests will learn how to make their own signature blend for beef, chicken and fish. That evening, the spices will be used to flavor their entrées. Chefs and winemakers are on hand to help with any questions.”
For over 60 years the Alisal has treated grilling as a fine art and now our executive chef Pascal Godé, with the help of legendary Grill Master and Hitching Post II owner, Frank Ostini, will help you hone your grilling skills. Morning sessions will cover all the aspects of BBQ from the best way to start a fire to what to do with spice rubs; afternoons are free for horseback riding, golf or a visit to the spa; and evenings give you a chance to interact with local guest chefs and winemakers who will be on hand to create feasts designed to further fire-up your grilling passions.
- Studio accommodation for two nights
- Welcome amenity with Western-Style weekend accessories
- All meals including special dinners with local celebrity chefs, winemakers and brew masters
- Workshops on grilling methods and equipment, BBQ instruction, spice blending, and more
- Keepsake booklet for BBQ notes and recipes
- Activities include horseback riding on scheduled two hour rides, golf green fees, tennis, fishing pole and bait for fishing at Alisal Lake
- Taxes and service charges
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel or change your reservation, we will refund your deposit in full up to thirty (30) days prior to check-in. All group reservations are subject to a six-month cancellation policy.
Deposits: An advanced deposit is required to confirm your reservations.To contact Reservations, call 1-800-4-ALISAL.