One of our preferred wedding coordinators, Kerry Lee Dickey from Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings & Events , shares what makes Alisal Guest Ranch a great spot for weddings and events in her eyes in this guest blog post:
Alisal Guest Ranch is my number one favorite wine country ranch wedding and event location in Santa Barbara County. While a ranch buy-out is necessary for most weddings on the main ranch in order to ensure the bride and groom get the legendary service for which Alisal is known, Alisal River Terrace does not require a ranch buy-out. Here are my top 5 reasons Alisal River Terrace is one of my favorite wine country ranch wedding locations:
1. Legendary Service & Quality Standards | Alisal River Terrace carries the legendary service and quality that events at the main Alisal Guest Ranch do, because it is owned and operated by the same individuals, serviced by the same professional catering and banquet staff as well as overseen by the fabulously talented Executive Chef Pascal Gode. I am always assured that the same quality and integrity which has served Alisal Guest Ranch guests for generations will also be taking care of my clients for their landmark lifetime celebrations, and that they won’t ever be disappointed.
2. Value | Alisal River Terrace weddings are affordable. For about $3,000 less (on average) than many wine country wedding locations, the site fee for Alisal River Terrace includes a gorgeous ceremony site setting on a lake overlooking the wine country hills, as well as an outdoor terrace with continued panoramic views of wine country which can be used for ceremonies, cocktail hours or full receptions. It also offers an indoor option for smaller celebrations (up to about 70) with gorgeous fireplace and windows overlooking the same view as the terrace. See my ideas below for maximizing this beautiful and affordable wine country ranch wedding location below.
3. Easy Logistics For Guests and Vendors Means Easy on Client’s Spending Plans (Budgets) | Self-parking for guests is ample, extremely convenient and complimentary. If clients have some financial flexibility in their wedding spending plan, I encourage valet parking and Alisal River Terrace is ideal for this luxury with its circular drive at the front door entrance. Also, because Alisal River Terrace was built for events, loading in for wedding supply partners (vendors) is easy and convenient, which means clients benefit with lower labor costs from vendors on their services and time.
4. Destination Wedding Activity Opportunities for All | With so many guests coming from out of town, Alisal River Terrace is in the heart of Santa Barbara’s wine country with options for wine tasting at world-class wineries, restaurants, enjoying spas, golfing, glider plane rides, hiking and so much more. Plus, it is located within walking distance to many charming inns, hotels and bed and breakfasts, making it a convenient event location for guests, who can stay very close.
5. Many Options for Maximizing the Event Space to Your Event Vision & Style | Alisal River Terrace does not bind you with a cookie-cutter-styled event because of their limitations with the venue. Where many venues may offer a square space or just one or two limited locations where the event will only “fit” or “work” if you style it one way only, this wine country ranch wedding location offers many options for styling your event. From decor that is rustic and ranch or vineyard-inspired to woodland, shabby-chic to sophisticated and classic, almost anything works at Alisal River Terrace. My favorite event layout for Alisal River Terrace is for clients to have a ceremony down on the lawn on the lake with the gorgeous wine country hills surrounding the ceremony, have guests adjourn up to the lovely terrace for cocktails and dinner under the stars and later, after dinner, have them move into the indoor room of the Alisal River Terrace for dancing, with a roaring fire in the fireplace to greet them. Guests are not expecting it and it’s almost like a “second” event where they are transported to a private “club” of sorts after dinner where specialty lighting, lounge furniture and high cocktail tables are waiting for their comfort as they dance the rest of the night away, enjoy cake cutting, dessert and even perhaps some passed late-night snacks later or making s’mores over firebowls back out on the terrace.
For information on our wedding and event planning packages custom-tailored for Alisal Guest Ranch or Alisal River Terrace, including specialty pricing, please contact us here.